“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take a step” – Naeem Callaway
Starting a Solo Adventure
The First Time And What To Expect
3. Keeping in touch
If Things Go Wrong
- Always get to airports plenty early and relax with a meal or coffee (remembering to keep an eye on the departure board)!
- Double check your travel and hotel dates coincide correctly and are both for the same destination.
- Check your distances of travel and the time it will take, including your accommodation address and their contact details.
- Write all this important information down or keep it handy on your phone, without the need for internet connection.
- Don’t forget your passport; everything else can be replaced.
- Take out travel insurance, have a game plan and get the logistics out the way as early as possible. This leaves you time to get excited about the ‘best bits’, not the ‘what ifs’.
You may also like Don’t let your fear stop you from travelling.
The Side Effects
- An overwhelming sadness when your trip comes to an end.
- A new found sense of awesomeness that will likely irritate everyone at home.
- A burning desire to do it all again … and again …. and again … in new places.
If you enjoyed reading Embrace Your First Trip Alone, please like and share it with others so they can enjoy reading it too.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Check out our other Solo Travel blogs now.